- Contest Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Manitoba who have reached the age of 18 at the time of entry, with the exception of employees, agents, mandataries and representatives of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated companies, advertising or promotion agencies, the suppliers of material, prizes and services related to this Contest, and any other stakeholder directly related to the holding of the Contest, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize winners may be required to provide proof of residence and proof of age in order to receive a prize.
- How to Enter:
The Contest consists of two different entry methods, the Recycling Challenge and the Share & Win Community Challenge. Instructions for how to enter each challenge are outlined below.
- No purchase necessary. If you do not use the Recycle Everywhere App, you can still receive an entry into the prize draw for the Recycling Entry Method by visiting: recycleeverywhere.ca/app/contest-entry-form/
- Scan/take a picture of an Eligible Recycling Bin. All Recycle Everywhere branded recycling bins and standard blue recycling carts located in Manitoba are considered “Eligible Recycling Bins”.
- Scan the bar code of an empty Eligible Beverage Container and deposit it in the Eligible Recycling Bin. All non-alcoholic, non-dairy, sealed beverage products purchased in Manitoba are considered “Eligible Beverage Containers”.
- You will receive one entry for every Eligible Beverage Container that you deposit in an Eligible Recycling Bin, up to a maximum of 5 entries per day.
Share & Win Community Challenge
- No purchase necessary. If you do not use the Recycle Everywhere App, you are not eligible to enter the Share & Win Community Challenge.
- In the Recycle Everywhere App, click on the “Share App” button. This will allow you to share a unique link with your friends and family that will allow them to download the Recycle Everywhere App.
- For each friend or family member that downloads the Recycle Everywhere App and registers for an account, you will receive one entry.
- Every time 250 eligible entries for the Share & Win Community Challenge are received by Sponsor, Sponsor will conduct a draw for a Share & Win prize (described below)
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose, including promotional purposes. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
There are a total of 465 prizes available to be won as follows:
- DAILY PRIZE: The Daily Prize consists of one $100 CAD prize per day during the Contest Period (365 in total). The winner will get to choose whether to receive the prize via e-transfer or cheque, or in the form of a $100 CAD gift card to one of the businesses pre-selected by the Sponsor. The Daily Prize will be awarded directly to the winner within 30 days of the Sponsor receiving an executed Winner’s Release from the Selected Entrant.
- WEEKLY PRIZE: The Weekly Prize consists of one $1,000 CAD prize per week during the Contest Period (52 in total). The winner will get to choose whether to receive the prize via e-transfer or cheque, or in the form of a $1,000 CAD gift card to one of the businesses pre-selected by the Sponsor. The Weekly Prize will be awarded directly to the winner within 30 days of the Sponsor receiving an executed Winner’s Release from the Selected Entrant.
- MONTHLY PRIZE: The Monthly Prize consists of one $5,000 CAD prize per month during the Contest Period (12 in total). The winner will get to choose whether to receive the prize via e-transfer or cheque. The Monthly Prize will be paid directly to the winner within 30 days of the Sponsor receiving an executed Winner’s Release from the Selected Entrant.
- SHARE & WIN PRIZE: The Share & Win Prize consists of up to three $250 CAD prizes per month during the Contest Period (36 in total). The winner will get to choose whether to receive the prize via e-transfer or cheque. The Monthly Prize will be paid directly to the winner within 30 days of the Sponsor receiving an executed Winner’s Release from the Selected Entrant.
- Prizes quantity and amount subject to change without notice
4. Odds of Winning: For the Recycling Entrant Method, the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor. For the App Referral Entry Method, assuming that you only submit one entry, the odds of winning for each draw will be 1 in 250.
5. Skill-testing Question: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone or email.
6. Selection of Winners: The winners of each prize will be selected as follows:
- DAILY PRIZE: After the Daily Contest Closing Time each day, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received since the Daily Contest Closing Time (defined below) the previous day, and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”) for the daily prize.
- WEEKLY PRIZE: Each Monday, after the Daily Contest Closing Time, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received since the Daily Contest Closing Time the previous Monday and select the Selected Entrant for the weekly prize.
- MONTHLY PRIZE: On the last day of each month, after the Daily Contest Closing Time, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received since the Daily Contest Closing Time on the last day of the previous month and select the Selected Entrant for the monthly prize.
- SHARE & WIN DRAW PRIZE: Once 250 eligible entries have been received, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all 250 eligible entries received and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”) for the App Referral Draw Prize. A maximum of three draws will be conduced each month during the Contest Period.
Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within 30 business days of the contest draw and will be contacted via the email address or telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A Selected Entrant must respond to the Sponsor’s notification email within 30 days of the day on which it is sent in order to claim their prize, otherwise the prize may be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
7. Contest Period: The contest begins on March 19th, 2022 at 12:00 AM CST and ends at 12:00 AM CST on March 18th, 2023 after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted (the “Contest Period”). Entries received after 11:59 PM CST each day (“Daily Contest Closing Time”) are not eligible to win a prize that day and will be entered into the contest starting on the next day.
8. Release and Indemnification:
- All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, service providers, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or mobile device or to any other individual’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading the Recycle Everywhere App or any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. Consent to Use By entering the Contest: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use and publication of their name, photographs and statements in connection with the Contest, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor for this Contest, or any subsequent promotions held by Sponsor, without further notice, payment or compensation,
10. Decisions Final: All decisions made by Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and not subject to challenge.
11. No Substitutions by Winners: The prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable.
12. Termination/Modification: Subject to applicable law, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
13. Lost Entries: Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, indecipherable or delayed entries howsoever caused.
14. Applicable Laws: This Contest is subject to all applicable, federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Manitoba, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute relating hereto will be determined by a Manitoba court applying Manitoba law and the laws of Canada as applicable therein.
15. Substitutions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify a prize, with prize(s) of equivalent value in the event of unavailability of the prize or any aspect thereof for reasons beyond the control of Sponsor.
16. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor or its licensors. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.